History of the RiesCraterMuseum


Since its opening, the RiesCraterMuseum has welcomed well over 1,000,000 visitors. The RiesKraterMuseum is housed in an elaborately renovated barn building, the so-called Holzhofstadel, dating back to 1503.After several years of planning and furnishing, the RiesCraterMuseum was officially opened on May 6, 1990 in the presence of numerous guests, including Eugene and Carolyn Shoemaker and Edward Chao.